My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://mrsmommymack.com
and update your bookmarks.

“That’s when you know you’ve found somebody really special: you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably share silence.” ~Pulp Fiction

Friday, July 18, 2008

Disclaimer (At Its Best)

Now, before your eyebrow raises too far and your finger clicks on your trusty Stumble, let me explain...

I wanted a blog. I was a girl with a dream. But don't get me wrong I wanted the title and the URL to be perfect. However, when I am put on the spot...when there are blinking cursors I freeze. I've gone through AIM usernames like underwear because once put under the pressure of actually choosing one something heinous like tooopiink just seems to type itself in the blank space.

So, I went to my trusty friend thesaurus.com. I typed words I like, quietly damning Amazon for having such a witty name for their book blog (who even knew Omnivoracious isn't a real word!?) But then silently accepting that I wouldn't have wanted that anyway...this isn't a blog about books. While, I'm sure, books will be mentioned because they are a very large part of who I am. I am not a critic and I won't sit here and blabber about plot, climax (well maybe in some way shape or form), antagonist, protagonist...OK those are all the words I can think of and you get the point.

This is a blog about life in general. I originally was going to go with the title Pensive Pandering, which I actually came up with by spelling ponder wrong in the dictionary Web site and found out really means a form of prostitution, but that seemed a bit too much. People will either think I'm stupid or I'm a whore...so I digress.

Really, this is just about what I see in the world around me. What rings my bell...so to speak. Therefore we come to the URL...pulpofitall.blogspot.com...Now, I personally hate pulp, but it's there. It's in the juice. It's not really something you talk about...unless you get one of those people who really can't ever shut up about how much they love pulp and if pulp were just a food on it's own they would just pour water on it and eat it all day.

SO, I decided this blog is like pulp. The tiny little idioms that normal people might sidestep through their day. I fortunately (unfortunately?) am not one of those people. I am constantly seeing little mannerisms, mutterings and actual conversations that I find hilarious.

Now, maybe, just maybe, I can get you to see the pulp for what it's worth. BUT, trust me, I won't say I wish I could pour water on it and eat it all day.

Isn't that the true beauty of a blog?

No comments: