My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://mrsmommymack.com
and update your bookmarks.

“That’s when you know you’ve found somebody really special: you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably share silence.” ~Pulp Fiction

Thursday, October 2, 2008

More Trip And Less Fantastic


Sorry, it's been some time since I've blogged. I just got a new apartment (closet) so....OK that's not actually a real excuse considering the two weeks before my lease I sat in bed watching Netflix movies all day. But, let's just say I've been uninspired.

Until I got a new apartment.

It's a studio in the fabulous city of Green Bay. Now, if you ask (all) of my co-workers, they believe I live in the "hood" and should keep my holster on at all times. I, on the other hand, do not think this part of town is that bad. I live above a bar right now and just last week had to guide a drunk middle-aged man up the stairs so he could sleep at his friend's house. I'm used to it.

Well, today I met my first neighbor. He's around 50 years-old...I don't know his name because I didn't care...he's very, very poor...and mentally handicapped. Now, I don't have too much against men like this one but I do not like to think that all my college degree got me was a room in a halfway house.

After meeting this gentlemen...I sat on my apartment floor trying to figure out how I could fit the necessities in it. I have no counter space for a microwave so that needs to go on top of my fridge (and it will block cupboards and hang off the edge just like home). I have a nice little folding partition between my bedroom and living room and it's decorated with standard wild oat decals from the 80s.

To go with the vintage farm decor is my white (brown?) tile that also has wisps of wheat on it. That doesn't bother me too much considering my kitchen floor is so small there's only four squares of it. The carpeting is that special brown and white fur that I'm pretty sure comforted Elvis' feet in his Jungle Room.

But the best part, by far, is my stove. Now, I already have a pea-soup-green stove in my current apartment so I'm used to retro cookery...but this one I'm pretty sure was transplanted from a camper that was at Woodstock. And the amazing thing is, it looks like it's never been used! Almost like there back in style??? OK, I got too optimistic.

All in all, I'm glad. I did this on my own. I got a great deal (even if there is hepatitis A, B and C in the shower). I don't have to drive an hour. AND I get to carry a concealed weapon to my vehicle...life is good.

No comments: